New York City Beer Week: Day 1
It’s here! New York City Beer Week kicks off today. Each day through March 3rd, we’ll be highlighting the top beer events throughout the city, from beer dinners to tap takeovers. Choose wisely, and please drink responsibly!
- The big deal tonight is the NYC Beer Week Opening Night Bash at Galapagos Art Space (16 Main St., at Water St., DUMBO). Unfortunately, it’s sold out. So if you didn’t get tickets, you’re out of luck. But fear not! There are plenty more great events tonight!
- Head to Proletariat (102 St. Marks Pl., at 1st Ave., East Village) for an amazing lineup of imported beers from B. United Imports. They’ll have twelve lines of beers like Prof. Fritz Briem Grodziskie, Thornbridge Kipling, and FIVE (!) beers from the incredible Zymatore Barrel Aging Program from Alvinne, Birra del Borgo, Reissdorf, and more!. Barrelmaster Ben Neidhart will be speaking about the aging program and more at 6 pm sharp; the beers will be on tap all night.
- You don’t have to take the Thruway to get great beers from the Hudson Valley. Just head to The Pony Bar UES (1444 First Ave. at 75th St., Upper East Side) tonight at 6pm, where they’ll have a full lineup of brewers who have never served their beer in NYC, like Chester’s Rushing Duck, Poughkeepsie’s Sloop Brewing, Albany’s CH Evans, and many more, plus spirits from distillers in the Hudson Valley, too!
- Stay local with Local Brewery Night at One Mile House (10 Delancey St., at Bowery, Lower East Side). They get started early when they open with an all-local lineup that includes beers like Greenport Habror Otherside IPA, Captain Lawrence Brown Bird, Barrier Brewing Le Pete, Port Jeff Runaway Ferry IPA, and many more, plus one non-local beer: Hill Farmstead Everett!
- Meet New York’s newest brewery, Singlecut Beersmiths, with a tap takeover and beer dinner tonight at Alewife (5-14 51st Ave., at 5th St., Long Island City). They’ll be offering a great lineup of their beers, plus a $65 five-course dinner, complete with beer pairings and two additional beers of your choice! You can reserve for the dinner here; the beers are pay-as-you-go.
- The Stag’s Head (252 E. 51st St., at 2nd Ave., Turtle Bay)hosts the craft beer mafia tonight. You see, local beer reps Yvon (Oskar Blues), Patrick (Smuttynose), and Mark (Lagunitas) are all conniving characters, so they’re all getting together to put their beers on tap tonight at 6pm. Among the highlights: Lagunitas Fusion 9, Oskar Blues Raspberry Smidy, and Smuttynose Zinneke. Plus, free mozzarella-stuffed meatballs at 6pm, too!
- Draught 55 (245 E. 55th St., at 2nd Ave., Midtown East) invites you to “Kick the Keg” starting at 4pm. They’ll tap a keg of Saranac Next Day IPA then, and the lucky patron who kicks it will be rewarded with a sweet goodie bag!
- It’s Empire Brewing Night at Sunswick 35/35 (35-02 35th St., at 35th Ave., Astoria) from 7-10pm. Enjoy some great beer from Syracuse, plus get started on the brewery’s 12 Pack Challenge!
- City Swiggers (320 E. 86th St., at 2nd Ave., Upper East Side) hosts Horseheads Brewing tonight from 6-9pm. Get a taste of this new-to-NYC brewery from New York’s Twin Tiers!
- Founders takes over the taps at Courtyard Ale House (40-18 Queens Blvd., at 41st St., Sunnyside) starting at 6pm. They’ll have the Backwoods Bastard, Breakfast Stout, Dirty Bastard, and more on tap!