Happy Hour: When Good Wednesdays Go Bad
It’s Wednesday, December 4th. Here are highlights of tonight’s beer events in our Event Calendar:
- 5:00pm: First Anniversary Party with Founders at Draught 55 (Midtown East)
- 6:00pm: Brooklyn Brewery Local X Local with O’Death at Brooklyn Bowl (Williamsburg)
- 6:00pm: Great South Bay NYC Launch Party at Rattle-N-Hum (Midtown)
- 6:00pm: Hanukkah (Shmaltz) vs. Christmas (Ridgeway) Beer Tasting at City Swiggers (Upper East Side)
- 7:00pm: Allagash Night at Dive Bar (Upper West Side)
- 7:00pm: Brooklyn Brewery Tap Attack! at Buddha Beer Bar (Washington Heights)
- 7:00pm: $10 Tasting of Winter Warmers - BLACK SABBATH / WHITE CHRISTMAS at Idle Hands Bar (East Village)
- 7:00pm: The Complete Beer Course Signing with Author Josh Bernstein at Barnes & Noble (Park Slope)
- 7:30pm: Brews & Clues Trivia hosted by Brew York at Breukelen Bier Merchants (Williamsburg)
- 7:30pm: War Correspondents Series at Brooklyn Brewery (Williamsburg)
- 9:00pm: Great South Bay NYC Launch After-Party at The Ginger Man (Midtown)
Happy Hour: Get Beerded
It’s Tuesday, December 3rd. Here are highlights of tonight’s beer events in our Event Calendar:
- 4:00pm: New Holland Night at Rattle-N-Hum (Midtown)
- 5:00pm: Eyes Ryed Shut and Under The Spreading Chestnut Tree Release at 508 Gastrobrewery (SoHo)
- 6:00pm: Grimm Artisanal Ales Cassiopeia Release at The Owl Farm (Park Slope)
- 6:00pm: Brooklyn Brewery and Burger Tuesday at Rosemunde (Williamsburg)
- 6:00pm: First Anniversary Party with Stone at Draught 55 (Midtown East)
- 6:00pm: Allagash Tasting at Beer Culture (Midtown West)
- 7:00pm: Bier Haus Tuesday Tasting - Winter Seasonals and Holiday Cheers at Radegast Hall (Williamsburg)
- 7:00pm: Lagunitas Annual Throwdown at The Gate (Park Slope)
- 7:00pm: Tuesday Tasting: Ballast Point at Bierkraft (Park Slope)
- 8:00pm: Beerded Ladies Presents Beer Geek Trivia Night at Glorietta Baldy (Bed-Stuy)
Big Alice January-June CSB shares go on sale this Friday
Well, here’s a good gift idea for the beer lover in your life: another round of six-month Community Supported Brewery shares from Long Island City’s Big Alice Brewing go on sale this Friday at the brewery. The $200 shares, which helped get the brewery off the ground in its first six-month cycle this year, grant you two bottles each month of their off-the-wall beers from January to June.
The concept is unique, as the shares help fund the purchase of ingredients and supplies for their beers. In fact, Big Alice was featured in a CNN Money piece about unique financing of small breweries earlier this year.
The brewery will be open Friday from 5-7:30pm. Shares are limited and sold out quickly last time around, so it’s probably best not to wait.
The Beer Weekender: November 27-December 1
While Black Friday is usually saved for shopping for unnecessary electronics purchases and insane clothing deals, but what about frivolous beer purchases? Last year, hundreds of people lined up in Chicago on Black Friday for the release of Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout, and this year, they’ve brought the tradition to New York. Top Hops (94 Orchard St., at Broome St., Lower East Side) will host this tradition this year, opening their doors at 9am and selling bottles of the Bourbon County Stout, Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout, and Bourbon County Brand Barleywine. Want to wait in line? They’ll make it easy by giving away Goose Island merch and coffee to the die-hards who show up early. Stick around till noon and they’ll be pouring a boatload of Goose Island rarities on tap, too.
If you find yourself north of the city, or just want to sleep in, you’ll be able to do the same thing at DeCicco’s Brewster (50 Independent Way, at Route 312, Brewster) at 3pm on Friday, when they’ll be selling bottles and pours of some rare Goose Island beers at a time when you’ll finally be over your Thanksgiving Day hangover.
But if you don’t believe the hype, check out these beer events going on from now until Sunday. Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving and Hanukkah!
Happy Hour: Everybody Must Get Stone
It’s Tuesday, November 26th. Here are highlights of tonight’s beer events in our Event Calendar:
- 4:00pm: Stone Brewing take the taps at The Jeffrey (Upper East Side)
- 6:00pm: Ballast Point visits Draught 55 (Midtown East)
- 7:00pm: Sam Smith’s Free Tuesday Tasting at Bierkraft (Park Slope)